It feels like this project is always one step away from the magical Beta. It's not quite there yet, but I removed the Extreme Alpha warning, anyway. I didn't get to everything I wanted to do this weekend, but I did manage to get some documentation together, set up an SSL certificate, get popout functionality semi-working, and fix an issue where idle connections die after a certain amount of time. All of this is live on https://soashable.com.
I think the next high priority item is to get the roster up to snuff: show presence and status message, and separate offline buddies. And of course, continued work on documentation.
Work might slow down in the coming weeks, because I got a second job and I need to search for an apartment.